Saturday, November 28, 2015

Tramps and spammers

Every now and then I receive this unsollicited teleport request by a random avatar. Looking at his profile I usually see the following:

1- He is not in my ´friendlist´
2- It is an avatar with a blank profile
3- It a relatively new avi

Obviously throw-away-accounts. Don you just love it when people use those to ´invite´ you for a ´party´?

I mentioned this to my colleague-in-the-streets Billijo, a lovely furry who now walks around in a Santa cap to keep her head and neko kitty ears warm. She agreed to join me in a little visit to the place, that she identified, solely from my description as ´Tramps´ in the Paalen region.
I opened the world map and selected the region that the teleport request came from and saw that she was correct. Billijo had first crashed, so now I teleported her in and we had a look around.

Tsai and Billijo visit Tramps, the spamming club from Paalen region

It turns out this place has ´verified´ men. I have seen places with ´verified´ girls before, but for men this procedure seemed new to me. Billi just thought it funny. After clicking away a popup that asked me to join a group for the fee of two Linden dollars I looked around a bit. The place looked like I imagined, maybe I even recognized it somehow as one of the places where I sometimes went to ´win´ a contest. Those used to be held in those clubs that looked like bland boxes, stuffed with advertisements, ugly avatars and pointless shouting. (Ohh sometimes I miss those nihilistic days) It was just too familiar.

I decided to say something.
Tsai Cheng: so, this is the place that always spams me tp requests?
Their response took three minutes, no one ever answered me.
Security 5: You have been ejected, if you feel this is wrong please send an email to TrampsClub@Outlook.com mentioning your SL username.

A new attempt to teleport to their place confirmed that they had banned me. I am not going to email them of course and I expect them to spam me again next time, for some ´party´. Let´s see.

No comments:

Post a Comment