Thursday, January 28, 2016

Moving away from the traffic

We're always being told how good 'traffic' is in Second Life and how important it is to have many visitors in your region. I can tell you, some days it is a pest to be in a busy place, especially if the 'busyness' doesn't translate to 'business'.

Tsai Cheng - Moving away from the traffic


When the street is full of girls who don't communicate (except in instant message maybe, but I can't see that, so they might as well be asleep) and quiet men who either cam around with their other hand in their pants, or who might be just as AFK, then it's time to move away a bit.
For me the trade-off is simple: I create a filter this way, that makes sure that people have to walk towards me to get in chat range. AFK people don't walk. So this way I ensure that when someone gets near, I know it is eather an active colleague or an interested punter.
Isn't it all quiet and lonely like this? Yes, sometimes. But I prefer to spend some time on this blog and wait for a sound from my radar or an IM window to trigger me.

In the meantime... I can write stuff for you guys...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete