Saturday, April 25, 2015

History of vehicles in Secondlife exhibition

Today I decided to have a look at another event that was annouced on the Secondlife login screen: the exposition of the history of vehicles in SL. It is said to feature over 130 different vehicles, from different periods in SL History.



The entrance of the exhibition was an original one. It used the Tardis, from the famous Doctor Who series. After exiting it, I noticed that this area was mostly about cars. And one or two bikes. I wondered if there would be other vehicle types. And yes, I was also the only street walker in the area. No competition. But I didn't think much about that, nowadays, business often comes in through IM for me.



Next I ran into something that looked like the kind of thing that happens when men look at me, instead of at the road. A Bethillac Impala, built by Bethi Catteneo. I liked the caar wreck scene, most of all, I think.


At the building I walked in next I saw some of the iconic stuff from the early days in Secondlife: prim vehicles, built using the original SL building tools. In some ways this is still the most charming stuff of all.


 Who would have guessed that Back to the Future would now be a thing from the past? It still looks pretty though.



This bug was built by Jetter AquaJet as a Kiss tribute model.


As I walked on, flaunting my assets on the road, I walked into the Flintstones car, and also a bunch of carriages from fairy tales. Santa's sled was also here. No Santa, I guess he doesn't show this time of year. Pity, I would have liked a ride on his back seat.

(to be continued..)

No comments:

Post a Comment