Sunday, September 28, 2014

A chat in a seedy alley

I was standing at the main square in our neighbourhood, with all the other little women. It was getting a bit busy for me though and I needed to get myself a cup of coffee. So I did what I usually do then: I move my ass. This time it meant that I walked down the streets, through a couple of back alleys, to find myself a place to quietly hang out. And, you never know, some lost soul may appear, a man in search of a woman. Someone looking for a quick fix, or an occasion to tell his life story.


This time it was a woman though and she was already standing there when I walked into the seedy alley where Dreamers Gentleman's Club is. I'm not sure what sort of gentlemen frequent this place. Judging from her story, I should be glad I never worked for them.

She was covered in dirt and scratches. When I asked her what had happened, she simply stated: "Oh nothing special, I was raped by 4 guys and I slept between the garbage bags."

So, those are the men you find in our neighbourhood on a saturday night, drunks, violent scum. They may abuse you, beat you up and not even pay for it. Am I glad I usually work at other nights, when the nice judges and professors, hardworking men who cheat on their wives, roam the streets. They may get rough too, but at least the compensation is handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment