Saturday, November 4, 2017

Greed and consumption

I went to the fashion event and it struck me how much I was under the spell of greed: the need for new things that I may not need at all.

Greed and consumption

Of course the Cosmopolitan event, that has been going on for 6 rounds now, is nice and there are many things built for it that are truely beautiful pieces of SL Fashion. But really, with my wardrobe, do I need all those new clothes? Even if I decide to get some clothing, do I need the fatpack because I like 3 out of the 12 colours? Can't I just decide between the 3 colours which one I want most? Like, the pink thing I am wearing in those pictures, that replaces an old favourite of mine and I really use it now. But all the other stuff I bought? What was that again?

Greed and consumption

It all just goes against one of the basic things we try to teach our children, that we can't have all of it. But yet, we fall for what we call childish behaviour in them.

Poor us.


No comments:

Post a Comment