Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I banned one of the girls

I banned one of the girls

There's a big sign at street whores. It's about 5m high and it's clearly visible in the busiest part of the neighbourhood. It contains the rules and rule nr. 1 is: "Do not send unsollicited IMs to the clients." It doesn't get much eaiser to read. Unless maybe someone attaches this sign to a stick and starts hitting us with it.

Still, there have been numerous girls throughout the years I work here now that try to get ahead of the others by sending IM's to the men. I've explained before, to them, but also in this blog, how it harms places and why we need to get rid of this sort of behaviour. Apart from this, it is anti-social and it kills the social interaction amongst the people present in the street.

We've been pretty busy seeking out the girls who break this rule the past 2 months and we've warned about 15 of them so far. So far I didn't have to ban one of them. Until the other day.

One of the girls was warned twice already. Once before we started to make a list of them, so we had that count omitted (we only warn once, next time they are caught they can be banned). I sent her a default notecard, simply stating that for repeatedly breaking the basic rules of the place she was hereby banned. I still felt kind of bad about it myself, I do have a feel of solidarity with my colleagues.
The response she gave me was quite vicious. For privacy purposes, I won't quote her , but she said that she would normally want to know who turned her in, but she didn't care as she had an alt on the sim already and she would just go on.

This confirmed to me that I did the right thing. Of course I am not going to tell her who informs us. That makes catching those alts a lot harder. SL is just full of anti-social people who don't care about the place they use for their gain or their co-workers. Kind of looks like RL, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment