Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Texture editing like a pro

Being a pro(stitute) is not all about sex. There's a bunch of other skills that come in handy in this profession. One such skill, that may safe you a lot of time and especially money in Second Life, is texture editing. It can help you with tattoos, makeup and, in this case, dresses.

texture editing for pro's
From left to right: the 'modest' version, the 'nasty' version fixed by me. 
In the streets, you will often see me wearing this light pink skirt. It's the Depraved Dress, made by ~Sassy!~. It has been been one of my favourites for a long time now.
There was an issue with the dress though. If you look at the pictures you will see that it comes in two versions: a 'modest' one, that shows an awful amount of cleavage, and a 'not-so-modest one' (say trashy if you like, I don't mind), that shows an awful amount of cleavage ánd my nipples peeking out as well.
The second version always had this piece of texture showing on my Lolas Tango's implants. Today I decided to have a closer look at it.

It turned out that the two versions actually use the same texture. The difference is the z-offset of the texture that is used in the Tango's appliers. In the 'not-so-modest' version the texture was simply moved down a bit. That seemed like an okay solution, but... it also revealed some of the texture meant to cover the bottom of the implants show on the top.
This turned out to be easy to fix: instead of the offset I decided to change the z- scaling a little. This left me without the disturbing line on my boobies, but with a deliciously naughty top for street work purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment