Monday, February 22, 2016

Walking the streets

What is it like, walking the streets in Second Life?

Walking the streets - Tsai Cheng


Not as exciting as you might think, certainly not dangerous. Most of the time very little happens. At the place where I work you mostly see the girls all hang out in one corner, near the teleport point. Basically in a circle around it. They wait for men who teleport in and would keep standing where they arrived were it not that we have a rotating disc at the tp point to move them aside...

The regular girls chat a little, not always, but more often, and some of them choose to move to other places. Sometimes the simple reason is: they don't want to be confronted with the ones we call 'statues'.

I had to invent ways to deal with this:
I got my radar, that I can configure and which makes sounds when someone approaches.
I learnt to adjust my sound level so that I would be notified if something went on around me, say: someone would IM me or appear within chat range.
I learnt to amuse myself with my blog, photo's and the other (roleplay) games I play when I am in-world.

Finally, it grew on me, as a specific Second Life lifestyle...

No comments:

Post a Comment